Samantha Star Straf
Alexandria, VA 22314
Multi-language and cross-platform Programmer / Systems Analyst with 20+ years of experience
across a diverse set of fields including Higher Education, Financials, Human Resources, Federal, and Web Design,
is seeking a PeopleSoft or SQL developer position in the Alexandria or Washington, DC area.
- PeopleSoft versions: 4 through 9.1
- PeopleSoft modules: Student Administration, Financial Aid, Student Financial, Human Resources, Federal
- Secret Clearance (active)
- PeopleTools 8 Developer Certified Expert
Oracle Certification September 2007
- PeopleSoft Enterprise 9 Human Capital Management, Human Resources Consultant Certified Expert
Oracle Certification February 2012
- Expanded Financial Aid award acceptance to include a second page of questions, replaced a paper form for 15,000 students annually, saving the university time and money and improving the student experience.
- Converted Transfer Credit courses and Transfer Equivalency rules for Student Records from a custom system to PSoft8.0, decided where to change policy vs modify PeopleSoft, preformed data conversion which included data mapping, scrubbing, validation, and end-user training.
April 2012 to
EDC Consulting (Contractor)
Senior Data Modeler
- Data mapping for PeopleSoft 9.1 implementation
- Load foundation data from design documents
- Write SQL to load de-normalized table for reporting
- Resolve defects from testing
March 2011 to
Link Solutions, Inc (Contractor)
Conversion Analyst /Data Architect
- Data mapping for PeopleSoft 8.8 to 9.1 upgrade
- Determine delivered upgrade process and determine if correct for client.
- Analyze and Document data changes between versions to assist client in decisions
- Create the data dictionary and mapping between PeopleSoft version 8.8 and 9.1
- Work with functional analysts to resolve data mapping issues.
- Identify and analyze data conversion anomalies and propose corrective action.
- Identify inbound and outbound interface requirements and map changes between versions.
- Create, track and update conversion documents on SharePoint site.
December 2009 to
The Collier Group (Contractor)
- Prepared existing PeopleSoft implementation for conversion into new system.
- Created data dictionary of current system usage.
- Updated existing systems to better use installed technology.
- Streamlined processes to take advantage of advanced reporting technology.
- Researched data inconsistencies to facilitate conversion.
- Passed Common Access Card background check.
August 1999 to
Information Technology, Enterprise Administrative Systems
Sr. Programmer / Architect
- Developed KU customizations to support staff, faculty, and 30,000 students.
- Participated in all stages of the development cycle. Worked with a functional team to gather requirements and
determine the best solution between delivered system and various modification options; wrote technical specifications;
coded record, page, and PeopleCode changes; coordinated user testing; delivered documentation; and provided end-user training.
- Updated look and feel of PeopleSoft online system to conform to university web standards
of colors, fonts, and images. This required learning Application Designer's
version of stylesheet, HTML objects, and branding.
- Updated the diploma delivery request postcard system to a self service form that is used by 3,000 graduates and alumni annually.
- Implemented Financial Aid module, which included writing a program to compare and
move setup tables between test databases and helped debug equation engine programs.
- Re-implemented Human Resources from version 4 to 7.6 which included evaluation of previous
page and report customizations.
- Customized Human Resources Benefits including Faculty Tenure Tracking and VTSA.
- Created system interfaces between PeopleSoft systems and external databases such as student card system,
in-house advising system, and housing. Each involved custom records and SQR programs to extract and load data between systems.
June 2000 to September 2000
- Updated KEDS_Count Utility from a command line C program to a web based Java program.
- Update allowed for both Windows and Macintosh platform use.
- Added user flexibility.
to August 1996
Chicago Board of Trade
Systems Analyst, Research and Development / Clearing
- Developed programs for trade accounting, commission, basis trading, and fund tracking.
- Created clearing operations with GMI software.
- Administered AS/400 in 20 hour a day usage environment.
- Responsible for machine and software maintenance, personnel training, and software evaluation.
CONTINUING EDUCATION & TRAINING
March 2000 to present
- HR: Introduction to HR (7.5), Introduction to Benefits (7.5)
- SR: Introduction to Student Administration (7.6), Student Records I & II (7.6),
Transfer Credit Setup (8.0), Transfer Credit Processing (8.0)
- SF: Student Financials Fundamentals (8.0)
- FA: Using Financial Aid (8.0), Financial Aid Term Issues (7.6), Financial Aid Awarding Suite (8.0),
Financial Aid Loan Processing Suite (8.0), Restricted Aid (8.0), Printing Perkins Loan Promissory Notes (8.0)
- Developer: PeopleTools Foundation (7.5), Tools I & II (8.12 Delta,8.4 Delta, 8.48),
Application Designer (8.4 Delta), PeopleCode (7.5, 8.44) , XML Publisher for PeopleSoft (8.48),
Application Engine/Mass Change (7.5), SQA for PeopleTools (7.5),
SQL/SQR for PeopleSoft (7.5), Application Engine (8.12), Integration Tools (8.12, 8.48),
Introduction to Workflow (8.4), 3C Engine & Mass Change (8.0)
- Secure Java EE Application Development
Fall 2000 to Fall 2002
- Introduction; Intermediate; Tables, Frames, and Image Maps;
Cascading Style Sheets Introduction; Forms; Perl
HONORS, PRESENTATIONS, & VOLUNTEER ACTIVITIES
2004 to 2008
- 2008 Co-presenter: FFEL or DL: Letting the Student Choose
- 2006 Co-presenter: Enhanced Self-Service Award Acceptance
- 2006 Co-presenter: Upgrading to Campus Solutions 8.9 -- Finding Our Way Through Security
1987 to 1991
- District 9W Computer Liaison Committee (1990, 1991)
- Outstanding Staff Officer, Information Services Flotilla 7-2 (1989)
References available upon request.