Samantha Star Picucci
Alexandria, VA 22314
Semi-Retired PeopleSoft / SQL developer with 30+ years of experience across a diverse set of fields including
HCM, Higher Education, Financials, and Federal, open to short term or part-time positions
that are either remote or in Alexandria.
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS
- CompTIA Security+ ce Certification issued 2014 expires 2020
- ICAgile Certified Professional issued 2016
- PeopleSoft Human Resources 9 Consultant Certified Expert issued 2012
- PeopleTools 8 Application Developer Certified Expert issued 2007
- PeopleSoft versions: 4 through 9.2
- PeopleSoft modules: Human Resources, Federal, Student Administration, Financial Aid, Student Financial, Customer Relationship Management
- Current developmental languages: PeopleCode, SQR/SQL
- Would have to brush up on: COBOL, HTML, Java, Pascal
- Secret Clearance (current) 2011 to present
- Common Access Card (CAC) holder 2009 to 2019
March 2019 to
August 2014 to
Systems Development Specialist, Principal
- IPPS-A Sustainment monthly processing and defect resolution
- Maintain Application Engine coding to generate Soldier Record Brief
- Development support for production and test environments
- Developer for Fit-Gap and Build Scrum team IPPS-A Increment 2
- Subject Matter Expert for all Person Profile (JPM) configuration
April 2012 to
EDC Consulting (Contractor)
Senior Data Modeler
- Data mapping for PeopleSoft 9.1 implementation
- Setup data configuration
- Application Engine coding to generate Soldier Record Brief
- Development support for testing and go-live
- Tuning of processes
March 2011 to
Link Solutions, Inc (Contractor)
Conversion Analyst /Data Architect
- Data mapping for PeopleSoft 8.8 to 9.1 upgrade
- Create mapping documents between versions
- Work with functional analysts to resolve conversion issues
- Review data changes with end users
- Create, track, and update conversion documents on SharePoint site
- Evaluate delivered upgrade process for client
- Identify inbound and outbound interface requirements and map changes between versions.
December 2009 to
The Collier Group (Contractor)
- Prepared existing PeopleSoft implementation for conversion into new system.
- Created data dictionary of current system usage.
- Updated existing systems to better use installed technology.
- Streamlined processes to take advantage of advanced reporting technology.
- Researched data inconsistencies to facilitate conversion.
August 1999 to
Information Technology, Enterprise Administrative Systems
Sr. Programmer / Architect
- Developed KU customizations to support staff, faculty, and 30,000 students.
- Participated in all stages of the development cycle. Worked with a functional team to gather requirements and
determine the best solution between delivered system and various modification options; wrote technical specifications;
coded record, page, and PeopleCode changes; coordinated user testing; delivered documentation; and provided end-user training.
- Updated look and feel of PeopleSoft online system to conform to university web standards
of colors, fonts, and images. This required learning Application Designer's
version of stylesheet, HTML objects, and branding.
- Expanded Financial Aid award acceptance to include a second page of questions, replaced a paper form for 15,000 students annually, saving the university time and money and improving the student experience
- Converted Transfer Credit courses and Transfer Equivalency rules for Student Records from a custom system to PSoft8.0, decided where to change policy vs modify PeopleSoft, preformed data conversion which included data mapping, scrubbing, validation, and end-user training
- Updated the diploma delivery request postcard system to a self service form that is used by 3,000 graduates and alumni annually.
- Implemented Financial Aid module, which included writing a program to compare and
move setup tables between test databases and helped debug equation engine programs.
- Re-implemented Human Resources from version 4 to 7.6 which included evaluation of previous
page and report customizations.
- Customized Human Resources Benefits including Faculty Tenure Tracking and VTSA.
- Created system interfaces between PeopleSoft systems and external databases such as student card system,
in-house advising system, and housing. Each involved custom records and SQR programs to extract and load data between systems.
June 2000 to September 2000
- Updated KEDS_Count Utility from a command line C program to a web based Java program.
- Update allowed for both Windows and Macintosh platform use.
- Added user flexibility.
August 1996 to July 1999
College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences (ACES)
Information Technology and Communication Services (ITCS)
- Maintained four teaching and student labs at the
Academic Computing Facility (ACF),
a multi-platform environment.
- Supported OS/2, NT, and Macintosh operating systems.
- Designed and maintained site and college web pages.
- Solved hardware and software problems that occurred during class usage.
- Installed software and enhanced software performance.
- Interacted daily with lab
users, lab monitors, staff, and faculty to determine their needs and the best
use of lab resources.
to August 1996
Chicago Board of Trade
Systems Analyst, Research and Development / Clearing
- Developed programs for trade accounting, commission, basis trading, and fund tracking.
- Created clearing operations with GMI software.
- Administered AS/400 in 20 hour a day usage environment.
- Responsible for machine and software maintenance, personnel training, and software evaluation.
CONTINUING EDUCATION & TRAINING
March 2000 to present
- HR: Introduction to HR (7.5), Introduction to Benefits (7.5)
- SR: Introduction to Student Administration (7.6), Student Records I & II (7.6),
Transfer Credit Setup (8.0), Transfer Credit Processing (8.0)
- SF: Student Financials Fundamentals (8.0)
- FA: Using Financial Aid (8.0), Financial Aid Term Issues (7.6), Financial Aid Awarding Suite (8.0),
Financial Aid Loan Processing Suite (8.0), Restricted Aid (8.0), Printing Perkins Loan Promissory Notes (8.0)
- Developer: PeopleTools Foundation (7.5), Tools I & II (8.12 Delta,8.4 Delta, 8.48),
Application Designer (8.4 Delta), PeopleCode (7.5, 8.44) , XML Publisher for PeopleSoft (8.48),
Application Engine/Mass Change (7.5), SQA for PeopleTools (7.5),
SQL/SQR for PeopleSoft (7.5), Application Engine (8.12), Integration Tools (8.12, 8.48),
Introduction to Workflow (8.4), 3C Engine & Mass Change (8.0)
- Secure Java EE Application Development
Fall 2000 to Fall 2002
- Introduction; Intermediate; Tables, Frames, and Image Maps;
Cascading Style Sheets Introduction; Forms; Perl
HONORS, PRESENTATIONS, & VOLUNTEER ACTIVITIES
2019 to Present
- Front desk, Winter shelter, Special projects
2004 to 2008
- 2008 Co-presenter: FFEL or DL: Letting the Student Choose
- 2006 Co-presenter: Enhanced Self-Service Award Acceptance
- 2006 Co-presenter: Upgrading to Campus Solutions 8.9 -- Finding Our Way Through Security
1987 to 1991
- District 9W Computer Liaison Committee (1990, 1991)
- Outstanding Staff Officer, Information Services Flotilla 7-2 (1989)
References available upon request.